In 1917, brothers Fritz, Ernst and Werner Schlup made a decision that would change their lives and those of future generations: they became watchmakers. Their humble atelier was located in a converted part of their parents’ home in the village of Lengnau, Switzerland. Through their relentless energy and uncanny ability to spot new opportunities, Schlup & Co. got off to a promising start, signing agreements with a wide array of importers around the world.
By the end of World War II, the factory was among the largest producers of watch movements, its name synonymous with Swiss-made quality. This laid the ground for the brothers’ next big adventure – the launch of their own watch brand. Enter Rado.